Designation/Position- EUTOPIA-SIF Post Doctoral Fellowships Program
The EUTOPIA European University invites application for EUTOPIA-SIF Post Doctoral Fellowships Program from eligible and interested candidates
About- EUTOPIA is an alliance of six leading, like-minded, European universities creating a connected and inclusive community, to address local and global challenges, ultimately contributing to a new model for higher education in Europe: VRIJE UNIVERSITEIT BRUSSEL (Belgium), CY CERGY PARIS UNIVERSITÉ (France), GÖTEBORGS UNIVERSITET (Sweden), UNIVERZA V LJUBLJANI (Slovenia), UNIVERSITAT POMPEU FABRA (Spain) and UNIVERSITY OF WARWICK (United Kingdom). EUTOPIA-SIF Post Doctoral Fellowships Program
Research/Job Area- Materials engineering/Data & Intelligence/Health/Sustainability/Welfare & Inclusion
EUTOPIA-SIF fellows will prove, through their research project, their capacity to address major social challenges in at least one of the five Key Research Areas:
- Materials engineering: including advanced analytical science, photonics, new material science, quantum technology
- Data & Intelligence: including artificial intelligence, complexity, information-systems engineering
- Health: including immunology and antibacterial resistance, cancer, aging, reproductive health, neurosciences
- Sustainability: including energy, circular economy, mobility, urban planning, material heritage, water management
- Welfare & Inclusion: including business management and finance, governance, ethics, inequality, law, and demography
Location- Country of the selected primary host university
Recognized Researchers (stage 2 in the EURAXESS definition), PhD holder or equivalent, of any nationality, complying with the MSCA-COFUND mobility rule. No seniority condition applies; however, candidates cannot hold a permanent research position.
Applicants are entirely free in the design of their research project. However, they must indicate one or more of the programme’s Key Research Areas to characterize their project. All disciplines, and namely applications from the Arts and Humanities, are welcomed, in connection with EUTOPIA-SIF Key Research Areas.
MSCA Mobility Rule: EUTOPIA-SIF fellows must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the selected primary host university for more than 12 months in the 3 years prior to the date of appointment.
The EUTOPIA European University is pleased to announce the opening of 20 post-doctoral fellowships, within the EUTOPIA Science and Innovation Fellowships Programme (EUTOPIA-SIF).
EUTOPIA-SIF post-doctoral fellows will be recruited by one of the EUTOPIA universities (host university) on the basis of an individual research project and the quality of their academic profile for a 24-month post-doctoral contract with highly attractive conditions. The selected candidates from the 2020/21 call will start their positions in September 2021.
MSCA COFUND EUTOPIA-SIF is a highly competitive programme offering very attractive conditions to young researchers for research excellence and career development:
- 2-year employment contract as a Marie Sklodowska-Curie COFUND fellow at one of the EUTOPIA universities, with a monthly average gross salary of 4 349 € and a supplementary budget for research and travel expenses.
- Full academic freedom to pursue your research project in the state-of-the art infrastructures of EUTOPIA research centers and in a stimulating interdisciplinary and international academic community.
- International and intersectoral mobility through secondment periods at the fellow’s EUTOPIA-SIF co-host university and with an external secondment host, which can either be an international academic institution or a non-academic partner. More than 45 companies, local authorities and non-profit organizations actively support the programme, encouraging innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Extensive training programme including transferable skills development, such as academic leadership, and active career mentoring by senior academic supervisors.
- Attractive living conditions and high quality of life offered by the local environments of all EUTOPIA universities. Each university will actively support fellows and their families for mobility-related queries.
How to Apply-
Applications must be submitted online and in English. Post-doctoral positions of selected candidates will start in September 2021.
First call for applications 2020-21: opening on 19 October 2020. Call deadline 11 January 2021, 13:00 cet.