Group Leaders/Scientists Position in ICGEB, New Delhi, India
Designation/Position- Group Leaders/Scientists Position
ICGEB, New Delhi, India invites application for Group Leaders/Scientists Position in ICGEB from eligible and interested candidates
About- The International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB), established in 1983, is an international, intergovernmental organization conceived as a Centre of excellence for research and training with special regard to the needs of the
developing world. The Centre conducts innovative research in life sciences and strengthens the research capability of its over 65 Member States through training, funding programs, and advisory services. Located in Trieste (Italy), New Delhi (India), and Cape
Town (South Africa), and in collaboration with over 40 Affiliated Centers worldwide, the three ICGEB Laboratories provide a scientific and educational environment of the highest international standards.
Research/Job Area- Biology and Biotechnology
Location- ICGEB, New Delhi, India
- Incumbents can be of any nationality and must have an excellent post Ph.D. record of research/publications in any area of modern biology and biotechnology.
- While highly competent candidates under any of the research mandates of ICGEB, New Delhi will be considered, expertise in areas of plant biology with direct applications in agriculture and virology concerning new and emerging diseases are currently preferred.
- ICGEB New Delhi provides a competitive and supportive research environment and state-of-the-art facilities.
Education and Expertise
- The candidate should have a Ph.D. degree in any branch of science with expertise and experience in the areas of ICGEB’s mandate.
- Incumbent must have significant accomplishments commensurate with their career stage and should have proven ability to compete for extramural national/international funding and head a successful research laboratory.
- Applicants must have a sound record of research and publications in the above-cited area/s, evidence of independent research achievements, ability to guide Ph.D. students, and teach Ph.D. level courses as well as post-Ph.D. level training programs will be an
- The ability and commitment to building a dynamic research program of international stature are essential.
Fluency in English is essential, knowledge of Hindi an asset.
VACANCY NOTICE ND/GL/04-20
Candidate/s will be expected to initiate their own research programs, guide Ph.D. students, and participate actively in teaching Ph.D. level courses as well as post-Ph.D. level training and workshop programs.
Remunerations and benefits
- The post is full-time.
- Initially, a 4-year contract will be offered with renewal subject to performance and will foresee an attractive salary package in India, within the United Nations Common System at a level commensurate with the incumbent’s qualifications and experience, including participation in the United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund and international health insurance.
POST TITLE: Group Leader / Scientist – New Delhi Component
LEVEL: attractive employment package linked to experience and achievements
DATE REQUIRED: As soon as possible
DURATION: As per contract conditions
DUTY STATION: New Delhi, India
DUTIES: Under the direct supervision of the Director of the New Delhi Component, and the overall guidance of the Director- general
Within the limits delegated by the Director, assume responsibilities, in particular:
• to build a dynamic research program of international stature within the mandate of the Centre.
• to guide Ph.D. students and teach Ph.D. level courses as well as post-Ph.D. level training programs.
• to conduct short-term/long-term advanced training activities and workshops for national/international researchers in areas of ICGEB’s mandate.
• to compete for extramural national/international funding and head a successful research laboratory.
• to assume responsibility on other matters as delegated by the Director of the New Delhi Component or the Director-General.
How to Apply-
Applicants should submit their curriculum vitae, a statement of research interests, and names and addresses of three referees to The Director, ICGEB, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi- 110 067, INDIA.
Additionally, applicants should submit their full CV by completing the ICGEB’s Personal History Form available online at:
https://www.icgeb.org/about-us/work-with-us/ and submit it, by email to email@example.com.