Postdoctoral Fellows Position in USA, Beckman Institute
Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Fellows Position in USA
Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology, USA invites application for Postdoctoral Fellows Position in USA from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Beckman Institute offers three postdoctoral fellows programs to support outstanding young scientists at the Beckman Institute: the Beckman Institute Postdoctoral Fellows Program, the Beckman–Brown Interdisciplinary Postdoctoral Fellows Program, and the Carle Foundation Hospital–Beckman Institute Postdoctoral Fellows Program. These programs offer a wonderful opportunity for scholars to engage in a three-year fellowship of interdisciplinary research at the Beckman Institute. Each year, four to six Beckman Institute Postdoctoral Fellows and one Beckman–Brown Interdisciplinary Fellow are selected from a highly competitive pool of applicants. Approximately every three years, one or two Carle Foundation Hospital–Beckman Institute Postdoctoral Fellows are likewise selected. Postdoctoral Fellows Position in USA, Beckman Institute
Research/Job Area- Interdisciplinary research
Location- Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology, USA
More opportunity – Herchel Smith Postdoctoral Fellowships in University of Cambridge, UK
- Ph.D. degree or equivalent within the last 10 years.
- Relevance of the proposed research plan to the portfolio of the Beckman Institute.
- Application package includes four letters of reference:Two letters regarding the applicant’s prior work experience
- Two letters from the proposed Beckman Institute faculty mentors/collaborators, with at least one being a full-time or part-time member of the Beckman Institute faculty Letters from proposed Beckman Institute faculty mentors/collaborators should explain how the faculty member intends to support the applicant’s research plan.
Job/Position Description- For all programs, Fellows are selected on the basis of their outstanding achievements to date, professional promise, capacity for independent and interdisciplinary work, and relevance of their research interests to the applicable program.
- Fellows receive an annual stipend of $54,000, reimbursement for health insurance, and a $25,000 research budget that can be spent on research activities such as research supplies, equipment, and conference and workshop travel.
- Fellows are appointed annually for up to three years.
- Fellows are required to write annual reports and to check in monthly with the Beckman Institute Director.
How to Apply- Applicants must fill out the online application form. The form also allows for the electronic submission of your supporting documents (Curriculum Vitae, Research Plan, Representative Paper). FILL OUT THE APPLICATION FORM →
The Curriculum Vitae must be submitted as an Adobe PDF file using the upload form mentioned above.
Upload ONE PDF document including the following. Excluding a list of references, this should not exceed FIVE pages.
- Introduction – 500 words describing your general research area.
- Objectives and Significance – One page on what are the objectives of your research plan while you are at Beckman, and why are these research goals important? May include background literature discussion and explanation of hypothesis, problem statement, and/or technological goals.
- Research Plan – Two pages on your plan of work for your next 3 years at the Beckman Institute. This should include an explanation of how this plan helps you develop your career; the research plan also should act as your own individual development plan.
- Innovation – One page on why your prior training and proposed research and development plan is innovative and creates new collaborations or strengthens existing collaborations at the Beckman Institute (and, if you are applying to the Carle-Beckman Postdoctoral Fellows program, include collaborations at Carle Foundation Hospital).
- Relevance – 500 words on why the Beckman Institute is the best home for your research plan. If you are applying for the Carle Foundation Hospital-Beckman Institute Postdoctoral Fellowship Program, also explain why Carle Foundation Hospital is the best home for your translational biomedical research. (500 word limit)
- References (not part of the five-page limit)
If you have published, you may submit no more than one article. If you have not published, one introductory or representative chapter, or an extended abstract (not to exceed five pages), of your dissertation may be substituted. Do not submit additional articles or chapters; only one will be passed on to the selection committee. The Representative Paper must be submitted as an Adobe PDF file using the upload form mentioned above.
Letters of Reference
In addition to the above materials, please submit the names and email addresses of three individuals familiar with your research. You should request letters of recommendation from them, and ask them to email their letters as a PDF to email@example.com. The deadline for letters of reference is also 5:00 PM Central Time on Monday, November 25, 2019. No faxed copies of the recommendation letters will be accepted.
Last Date for Apply– 25 November 2019 until 5:00 PM Central Time