Designation/Position- Ramanujan/ Inspire Faculty Fellowships
Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, India invites application for Ramanujan/ Inspire Faculty Fellowships from eligible and interested candidates
About- Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR), a premier research institution under the aegis of the Department of Science and Technology, GoI and a Deemed-to-be-University. Theoretical Sciences Unit (TSU), of JNCASRinvites applications from Indian nationals seeking nominations for applying to Ramanujan/ Inspire Faculty Fellowships. If selected for the fellowship award, the Centre will provide necessary administrative and basic R&D infrastructural facilities for the fellowship duration; the rest of the terms will be as per the fellowship norms. The Centre will be under no obligation to offer regular positions to the Fellows. Ramanujan/ Inspire Faculty Fellowships
Research/Job Area- Relevant areas
- Ph.D. in the relevant area, minimum of 2 years post-doctoral experience, high-quality publications, and high academic credentials.
- Candidates will be short-listed based on seminars and interactions with Unit faculty members.
- Short-listed candidates will be provided with a host-institution endorsement/sponsorship certificate.
- TSU will support individuals with an excellent academic record to apply for Ramanujan/INSPIRE fellowship(s) to carry out research in frontier areas of theoretical sciences, including but not limited to machine learning and its applications in materials design, biological physics, soft matter physics, non-equilibrium phenomena in condensed matter, aspects of information and learning in physical systems and processes.
- Preference will be given to applicants whose research interests complement and provide a new dimension to the Unit’s current activities.
- Selected fellow(s) will carry out independent research, will have access to computational facilities available in the Centre, and teach Integrated Ph.D. and Ph. D. students.
- The fellow(s) will be allowed to take one or two Ph.D. students jointly with the permanent faculty of the Unit.
- For details about current research activities and facilities available, please visit http://www.jncasr.ac.in/tsu/
How to Apply-
Please send the completed fellowship application, including the following information, in pdf format to the email ids firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- The completed fellowship application package
- List of publications in chronological order
- PDF files of 2 to 3 most significant publications
- A two-page research plan
- A statement of teaching interests details what courses you would like to teach, any prior teaching experience, and any other relevant information.
- Names and email addresses of at least three referees