Designation/Position- Research Positions
University of Delhi, India invites application for Research Positions from eligible and interested candidates
About- The University of Delhi, informally known as Delhi University, is a collegiate public central university, located in New Delhi, India. It was founded in 1922 by an Act of the Central Legislative Assembly. Research Positions at University of Delhi
Research/Job Area- Life Sciences
Eligibility/Qualification & Job/Position Description-
DBT project titled “Sub Project 3: Draft genome sequencing of safflower and its wild relatives” at the Department of Botany, University of Delhi
Principal Investigator DBT Project: Prof. Arun Jagannath
Description of Posts for DBT project:
(i) Junior Research Fellow (One no.);
- Rs. 31000+24% HRA per month;
- Eligibility: M.Sc. in any branch of Life Sciences with minimum 55% marks and should have qualified UGC-CSIR NET(LS/JRF);
- Desirable: Strong background in crop genetics, molecular techniques and/or bioinformatics.
(ii) Research Associate (One no.);
- Rs. 54000+24% HRA per month.
- Eligibility: Ph.D. in any branch of Life Sciences preferably with experience in plant biology;
- Desirable: Experience in NGS data generation and its bioinformatic analysis/crop genetics/development and handling of mapping populations/linkage map construction / QTL mapping / comparative genomics as evidenced by peer-reviewed publication(s) in International journals of repute.
How to Apply-
Applications (including biodata and scanned copies of necessary documents) from interested candidates are to be sent by email to Prof. Arun Jagannath (email@example.com for the DBT project).
It is essential for candidates to provide their email address and/or mobile number in their biodata for further communication. Separate applications are to be submitted for each project.
Candidates may also refer to the advertisement published in the National daily, “The Statesman” which will appear in near future.