Designation/Position- DBT Initiative on Chemical Ecology
DBT India invites application for Call for Proposal on “DBT Initiative on Chemical Ecology of the North East Region (NER) of India”
About- Significant scientific efforts have been made over the last decades to map, describe and harness the rich biodiversity (plants, animals, insects and microbes) of the North East Region (NER) of India, one of major biodiversity hot-spots of the world. DBT Initiative on Chemical Ecology
Research/Job Area- Field of Chemical Ecology
Researchers / Scientists working in the Government Organisations / Universities /Academic Institutions / National Laboratories / SIRO recognised Non-Profit Organisations, with sound scientific & technical backgrounds and relevant publications in the proposed areas can submit projects proposals.
The proposals are invited in the field of Chemical Ecology to understand the mechanistic basis of rich biodiversity of the North East Region. These may include chemical studies on predator-prey, parasite host, herbivore-plant, virus-vector, inter- and interspecific interactions in the NE ecosystems. The proposals should focus on studying structure of small molecules and their dynamic role in ecology, while addressing new fundamental and applied biological questions. The proposals should deploy advanced investigations to help understand the following questions:
- How organisms communicate through chemical interactions (both short and long-distance interactions) to shape the unique biosphere of the North East Region, e.g. studying pheromones and semiochemicals?
- How global climatic change and anthropogenic pressures are affecting the fragile ecological settings of the North East Region?
- By studying the molecules so discovered in microbes, fungi, plants, and animals of NER, the proposals should strive to mimic nature’s flavors and fragrances, medicines, and toxins, and learn how to put them to use for a healthier life and cleaner environment such as managing agricultural pests and mitigating vector transmission of human, domestic animal, and wildlife diseases; developing nutraceutical and pharmaceuticals for betterment of humans etc.
- Establishing a critical mass of trained manpower in the field of Chemical Ecology in the NE region.
Norms for Assistance: The proposals should be NER centric with multi-institutional participation from institutions within NER or with outside NER Institutions. If the projects are with outside NER institutions then the budget sharing should be in the ratio of up to 60:40 between NER and outside NER institutions, respectively.
How to Apply-
Mode of Submission:
- The Applicants should submit a full the proposal on or before the deadline through DBT eProMIS portal (http://dbtepromis.nic.in/Login.aspx) under the “NER Programme”.
- Two hard copies of the proposal should also be submitted to Dr. Vaishali Panjabi, Scientist ‘E’, Department of Biotechnology, Block-2, 7th Floor, CGO Complex, Lodi Road, New Delhi-110003.
- A soft copy of the proposal should also be submitted to email@example.com.
For Contact- Contact for further information:
- Dr. Vaishali Panjabi, Scientist ‘E’, DBT, New Delhi
- Dr. Amit Kumar Yadav, Scientist ‘C’, DBT, New Delhi
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ; Tel. : +91-11-24360295