Designation/Position- Institutional Post-Doctoral Programme
NIT Surathkal, Karnataka, India invites application for Institutional Post-Doctoral Programme from eligible and interested candidates
About- National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal is an Institute of National Importance, established by the Ministry of Education, Government of India imparts education in the field of Engineering, Science and Management at UG, PG, and Ph.D. levels.
- The Institute is offering Post-doctoral Fellowships in the following 14 Departments and the Central Research Facility (CRF)
- The appointee should possess a Ph.D. or equivalent doctorate degree (e.g., D. Sc), which has obtained in the past five years, in the field directly related to the appointee’s proposed research topic.
- Each selected PDF would be eligible to receive fellowship for a period of two years from the month of appointment.
- Each Post- doctoral fellow will be paid a fellowship of Rs. 50,000 (Rupees Fifty thousand only) per month.
- They will also be eligible for a contingency grant Rs. 30,000 per year which will be made available starting from the third month of their fellowship.
- The application form is available on the Institute website.
The Institute is offering Post-doctoral Fellowships in the following 14 Departments and the Central Research Facility (CRF).
- Central Research Facility (CRF)
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mathematical and Computational Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- School of Management
- Water Resources and Ocean Engineering (Formerly Applied Mechanics & Hydraulics Department)
Scientist Jobs in India -Various Latest Labs and Government Scientist Jobs
Location- NIT Surathkal, Karnataka, India
- The appointee should possess a Ph.D. or equivalent doctorate degree (e.g., D. Sc), which has obtained in the past five years, in the field directly related to the appointee’s proposed research topic. PhD Viva should be completed or provisional degree certificate should be available on or before the submission date of application.
- International researchers/ Indian citizens with foreign degrees must hold an advanced (Doctoral) degree that is equivalent to those provided by Indian Institutions.
- The Post-Doctoral appointment can be made only after the candidate’s Ph.D. thesis has been formally approved by the degree-granting institution. At the minimum, every selected candidate must produce a Provisional Degree Certificate (PDC) if he/ she does not possess the degree certificate.
- Every prospective post-doctoral candidate must have acquired his/ her Ph.D. degree from a University/ Institute recognized by the regulating authority in the respective country in which the research work has been conducted.
Selection Process (For Institute Fellowship):
- The selected candidates must appear for the written test/interview conducted by the departmental post-doctoral selection committee (DPDSC), and followed by IPDSC (Institutional level post-doctoral selection committee).
- A candidate selected as a post-doctoral fellow with the institute fellowship shall be appointed for a period of two years.
Financial Assistance for Institutional Post-Doctoral Programme:
- Each Post-doctoral Fellow selected under this scheme will be paid a fellowship of Rs. 50,000 (Rupees Fifty thousand only) per month. They will also be eligible to receive a contingency grant Rs. 30,000 (Rupees Thirty Thousand only) per year which will be made available starting from the third month of their fellowship. Each selected PDF would be eligible to receive fellowship for a period of two years from the month of appointment.
- In deserving and exceptional cases, additional resources can be allocated to supplement the contingency grant made available to the PDF. This additional contingency grant will be provided only once during the tenure of a post-doctoral fellow. Support under this provision will be limited to a maximum of Rs. 30,000 only. This request must carry strong justification and must be recommended and forwarded to the Dean (R&C) with due recommendation of the Departmental Post-Doctoral Assessment Committee (DPDAC). This will be provided subject to availability of funds.
How to Apply-
The Information Bulletin and Online Application portal for admission to Institutional Post-Doctoral programmes is available on the Institute website www. nitk.ac.in. The applicants need to register online with the portal.
The registered candidates have to complete Online Application form and pay the prescribed application fee, i.e., Rs 500, through the IRIS portal on or before 26-10-2021 (Tuesday).
The hardcopy of the completed application form with payment receipts and copies of all necessary documents is to be sent to the Dean (Research and Consultancy), National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal, Srinivasnagar, Mangalore -575 025, Karnataka to reach on or before 01-11-2021 (Monday). “Application for Institutional Post-Doctoral Admission in the Department of “———” or Central Research Facility should be clearly mentioned on the top of the envelope.
Note: If a candidate desires to apply to more than one post-doctoral fellowship title, he/she should submit a separate APPLICATION along with the Payment Receipt of Application fee for each title. Candidates called for an interview will have to appear for a written test and/or interview at their own cost. The written test and/or interview will be held at N.I.T.K., Surathkal, either in online or offline mode. The mode of examination/ interview will be intimated to the shortlisted candidates.
Last Date for Apply– 21 October 2021
Calendar of Events for Admission to Institutional Post-Doctoral Programme 2021-22.
|Last Date for Online Submission of applications||21-10-2021 (Tuesday)|
|Last Date for hard copy of applications to reach NITK||01-11-2021 (Monday)|
|Date for dispatch of call letters (by email only) to short-listed candidates, and announcement in the website by the office of Dean (R&C)||08-11-2021 (Monday)|
|Online Selection Test and/or Interview||Will be communicated|
|Publication of provisional selection/merit-list on website||Will be communicated|
|Last date for Sending admission orders/letters (email)||Will be communicated|
|Online/Offline Reporting and Fee Payment Dates for Selection-List Candidates||Will be communicated|
|Last Date for sending admission orders/letters to waiting-list candidates||Will be communicated|
|Last Date for Online/Offline Reporting and Fee Payment, for waiting-list candidates||Will be communicated|
|Physical Reporting at the Institute start dates||Will be communicated|